Thai flavor in ready-to-use form…
Love that exotic spice of Thai food? Spicy Thai seasoning packs all of that flavor in dried form, ready to use when you’re looking for that flavorful kick. You can use it as it is as a dry rub for steaks, pork, or shrimp. Or mix it with coconut milk to create a delicious spicy marinade for noodle dishes. Just a dash, too, can warm up your grilled vegetables with an exotic twist.
The heat source? Thai chili powder, if available. It’s a big heat, so use sparingly if you’re thinking to double-down on the chili powder used in this recipe. If you don’t have Thai chili powder, opt for crushed red pepper. It doesn’t carry quite the spiciness, so use a little more than you would the Thai pepper.
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass powder
- 2 tablespoons lime peel powder
- 2 tablespoons dried mint
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon ground Thai pepper or 1 1/2 tablespoons crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a mortar, place all ingredients, then using a pestle, crush all ingredients to a powder (of your desired consistency).
- Transfer ingredients into a bowl or jar and mix until evenly dispersed in the seasoning.