Spicy popcorn is one of our personal spicy snack favorites. Now add in a little sweet and you get a snack that’ll impress the entire family.
This recipe features cayenne pepper as the heat source and a bit of brown sugar for the sweetness. Both of those ingredients are adjustable to taste, so be sure to play around with quantities to find just the right balance for you and your family. It’s all topped off with rosemary to give it that rustic fresh taste. Totally delicious and easy to make.
Sweet And Spicy Popcorn Recipe
Popping the Popcorn
- Place oil in a saucepan (3-quart) and heat at medium-high for 2 minutes.
- To test the heat, place 3 kernels in the pan and cover. Wait for the kernels to pop before proceeding. This tells you if your pan is at the right temperature.
- When those kernels pop, take the pan off the heat, place the remaining popcorn kernels in the pan, and cover. Wait 30 seconds.
- At the 30 second mark, place the pan again on the heat. Your popcorn should pop quickly and mostly at the same time.
- Gently shake the pan while the popping and vent the cover to allow out some steam.
- Wait until popping has slowed to once every few seconds and remove pan from the heat.
Making it Sweet and Spicy
- Melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar, rosemary, and cayenne pepper. You can adjust the heat and sweet here by adding in more or less of either the sugar or cayenne.
- Mix your butter sauce together with your freshly popped popcorn.
- Add salt to taste.