Mixed nuts with a delicious flavor twist…
Snacking can be so much tastier with just thirty minutes worth of kitchen time. For instance, a can of unsalted mixed nuts is easily turned into spiced heaven with just a quick trip to the spice rack.
These sweet and spicy nuts – with their combination of cinnamon, cumin, smoked paprika, and cayenne – have an earthy heat to them. Of course, we love extra spice, so a full teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder is in order, but if you want more of a mild sizzle, opt for half the amount.
With how quick these nuts are to whip up, this is a terrific “make it work” recipe to keep at hand for party emergencies and impromptu family gatherings. It’s one of those recipes where the effort to flavor ratio is very, very good.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, and cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add all ingredients, except for the nuts, and whisk to combine.
- Add in the nuts and fully coat them with the mixture.
- Transfer the nuts to the baking sheet and spread them evenly.
- Bake the nuts until they are fully dried - flipping the nuts once or twice during the process (approximately 30 minutes).
- Remove from oven and carefully lift off the foil or parchment from the baking sheet. Place to the side to allow the nuts to cool.