Sugar and spice, bacon so nice…
It’ll satiate your sweet craving. It’ll fulfill your fix for fiery. Oh, and salty? It has that covered, too. That’s the beauty of sweet and spicy bacon – it just hits the spot across near all of your taste buds. It’s the type of extra-special breakfast side that may be more memorable than the eggs or pancakes you serve it with. Or use it crushed on a sweet salad to provide a little extra salty pop to the meal.
The heat is delivered from cayenne with a little extra warmth from black pepper. Just a fraction of a teaspoon of each is enough to fire up that bacon, so don’t feel the need to be heavy handed. This is a balancing game between sweet and spicy to get the flavor just right.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cayenne pepper powder, and ground black pepper. Stir to combine.
- On a foil-lined pan, evenly space the bacon slices. Place pan in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Flip the bacon and evenly sprinkle the sugar/pepper mix across all of the slices. Place the bacon back in the oven for 15 minutes (or until golden brown).
- Remove the pan from the oven and place the bacon on paper towels to drain the excess oil.