Mmm…bacon. And spice.
Now that’s a perfect combo if you ask us. These stuffed jalapeños with bacon make for a great appetizer before the big game or at a barbecue party. The ingredients are simple, but the taste is out-of-this-world good. These’ll be on your short list for parties for sure.
If you like things a little spicier opt for not boiling the jalapeños prior to cooking. This will keep more of the chili’s heat intact, as well as increase the overall crispness of the jalapeño.
Like it? See this recipe being made…
- 20 jalapeño peppers halved, seeds removed
- 1 package cream cheese 8-ounce package
- 1 bag shredded pepper jack cheese 8-ounce bag
- 2 packages bacon 12-ounce to 16-ounce
- Soak the toothpicks in water for 30 minutes prior to cooking. This is to prevent the toothpicks from burning while in the oven.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese and pepper jack cheese. Thoroughly mix.
- Boil the jalapeño halves for 2 minutes in a pot of water with a pinch of salt. They should soften, yet still feel slightly firm. Remove from heat and strain out the water.
- Stuff each jalapeño half with about a tablespoon of the cheese mixture, and then wrap the jalapeño with a bacon slice. Secure the bacon in place with a damp toothpick.
- Bake in the oven until the bacon is the perfect shade of brown (5 to 10 minutes).
For a spicier side, do not boil the chili halves. Stuff them raw and bake. This will increase the overall heat and crispness of the jalapeños.