Just imagining the sweet tang of strawberry mixing with the heat of jalapeño is mouthwatering, to say the least. They may seem an unlikely pair at first glance, but like with many sweet things, spicy works really well here. REALLY well.
A strawberry jalapeño margarita is one of those summer show-stopper drinks that’ll energize a party. So pick up some fresh strawberries and a couple of jalapeño peppers before your next tequila-friendly shindig, and get ready for some serious smiles.
- 4 ounces agave tequila
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 8 - 10 strawberries chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers seeds removed and diced
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar optional - if you'd like to sweeten things up
- 3 limes 2 for juicing, 1 for garnish
- Juice two limes.
- Muddle the jalapeño peppers in a splash of the lime juice to release the spiciness.
- Remove the jalapeño pieces from the lime juice. Add the strawberries to the spicy lime juice and muddle thoroughly.
- Add in the remaining lime juice, tequila, agave nectar (optional), and Cointreau.
- Pour into shaker and shake vigorously for 8 to 10 seconds.
- Serve over ice. Garnish with lime wedges.