Coleslaw with Sriracha heat? Yes please.
It’s true. Sriracha works with near everything. At least in our book, it’s a go-to seasoning just like Old Bay or cayenne powder. This Sriracha slaw is a good example – an everyday side is turned just a little more special with a few tablespoons of Rooster Sauce. Try it with BBQ or as a sandwich side. It’ll warm you up just right.
- 1 cabbage mix red and green cabbage preferred, shredded
- 2 carrots shredded
- 4 scallions chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons Sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Cayenne pepper powder optional, as a garnish
- Combine all non-vegetable ingredients in a bowl and stir thoroughly. Then add the cabbage, carrots, and scallions and stir to coat. For best flavor, refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours prior to serving. Garnish with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper powder (optional).