For those cheese fans out there that also love some spicy food (we know you’re out there in droves!), this is a recipe for you. Sriracha and cauliflower cheese soup is creamy and filling, with plenty of Rooster Sauce bite. Plus, it’s a really simple recipe, making it an excellent option for lunch or a quick dinner appetizer.
Since the heat here is all provided via Sriracha Sauce, this recipe, in terms of spiciness, is super simple to adjust. You could opt to not place the Sriracha on the onion and cauliflower and just roll with the hot sauce as a garnish. Or simply use less while baking and put none atop. On the flip side, double up on the Sriracha for that extra kick or add a half teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder for even more heat. Whatever your preference, there’s a way to make this work.
Because it’s a well-blended smoother soup, you can make it a few days in advance and still enjoy all of its delicious flavor.Sriracha and cauliflower cheese soup is an excellent solution for a few workday lunches when prepped on a Sunday. Just store the soup in an airtight container and refrigerate. It’ll be good for up to three days.
Though note: This soup doesn’t freeze well, so enjoy it fresh or within the first three days for best flavor.
Sriracha And Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and quarter the onion and remove the excess leaves from cauliflower. Then place the onion and cauliflower onto a baking tray and coat the pieces with the Sriracha Sauce. Put the tray in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until softened.
- In the meantime, add butter to a pan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped potatoes to the pan and stir for 2 minutes.
- Add the salt, pepper, and broth and allow the mix to simmer on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Place the cauliflower and onions into a blender (cut up the cauliflower to fit), then add the broth mix from the pan to the blender.
- Add the cheese to the blender as well, then blend the ingredients at high speed until smooth.
- Add cheese and blend on high speed until smooth
- Serve the soup with extra Sriracha on top as a garnish (optional.)