An easy way to spice up your pasta night…
Turn your typical pasta night into something more with a simple-to-make spicy tomato cream sauce! All it takes is 15 minutes – just a little more time than boiling the pasta itself. This is an easy recipe – no chopping, no grating, no sautéing. All you need to do is pour and simmer. Sriracha sauce is the heat source, with a touch of cayenne pepper. This isn’t a fiery recipe – more of a pleasant kick. Though, of course, you can add more Sriracha or cayenne to add additional life to the sauce.
Spicy Tomato Cream Sauce
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon chicken base (chicken bouillon paste)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne pepper powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the tomato sauce, water, Sriracha, Worcestershire sauce, cayenne pepper powder, and chicken base to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir well to combine. Bring the mix to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat, then add the heavy cream. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add more cayenne pepper to taste (optional) if you want a spicier sauce.
Note on chicken base (chicken bouillon paste): 1 teaspoon chicken base can be substituted with 1 chicken bouillon cube, though flavor and consistency may suffer in the sauce. Chicken base is richer in flavor and thicker than regular bouillon.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!