Warms you up in all the right ways…
When you move from spiced sweet potato soup to spicy, you have a dish that’ll warm you up no matter how cold it gets outside. The heat here comes from chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, and with it comes more than a hint of smokiness that pairs perfectly with the sweetness of the soup. Garlic and ground cumin provide an earthiness that balances things out perfectly.
Spicy Sweet Potato Soup
- In a large pot, heat the oil on medium then add in the onion and garlic. Sauté until the onion is translucent.
- Add in the chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, cumin, and sweet potato. Stir until fragrant (10 to 15 seconds).
- Add in the chicken stock and cover. Lower the heat to low and let the soup simmer covered for 20 to 25 minutes or until the sweet potato softens.
- Pour soup into a blender (or use a hand blender) and purée until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with cilantro or cream.