A party dipper beyond compare…
What’s a gathering without a hearty amount of spinach artichoke dip? When the gang’s all here, turn to this recipe to feed a lot of hungry mouths. It’s such a go-to, especially because you can make a ton of filling dip in little time at all. Adding crushed red pepper provides a little something extra to an already tasty appetizer.
If you like spicy (why else would you be here?), feel free to have a heavier hand on the CRP than we recommend below. This amount gives it a family friendly heat. Adding in an additional 1/4 of a teaspoon of crushed red pepper is a good next step.
- 2 cups fresh spinach chopped, or 1 package of frozen spinach*
- 1 can artichoke hearts 14 ounce can, drained and chopped
- 1 package cream cheese 8 ounce package
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup white onion diced
- 3/4 cup Monterey Jack cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter then sauté the onions until translucent.
- Add to the saucepan the cream cheese, sour cream, Colby Jack cheese, cheddar cheese, and half the Parmesan. Stir to combine.
- Add the artichoke, crushed red pepper, black pepper, and salt. Stir again to combine.
- Add the spinach and stir to combine.
- Transfer the mix to a greased baking dish, then sprinkle the rest of the Parmesan cheese to cover.
- Turn on the oven broiler. Once hot, place the baking dish under the broiler and broil for 3 minutes, or until the cheese topping starts turning a golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow the dip to cool for 5 minutes. Serve.