Turn up that soy!
Sure soy sauce with a little wasabi thrown in adds some tasty heat to sushi, pot stickers, and other Asian dippables. But how about going the hot pepper route? It’s easy to do, and the heat hits in a totally different fashion. Not the nasal heat you’re used to with wasabi, more of a full mouth explosion.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger powder
- 1 small onion optional, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper optional, minced (or serrano pepper)
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients except the onion and chili pepper, until fully combined.
- If you prefer a sauce with some additional ingredients (and potential heat) layered in, add in the onion and/or the chili pepper and stir.