Your favorite messy meal with plenty of spice…
Get your sloppy game on with this traditional favorite gone plenty spicy. This spicy sloppy joes recipe features both jalapeño pepper and Tabasco sauce to kick the norm up a few notches. It’s a great memorable meal for spicy food fans on game day or family night.
For something a little different, try the sloppy joe ground beef with pasta instead of hamburger buns. We like it paired with penne pasta.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup yellow onion minced
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 ounce can
- 1 can tomato paste 5 ounce can
- 3 tablespoons jalapeño peppers minced, approximately 2 jalapeños dependent on size
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Shredded cheese optional for topping - your choice of type
- 1 package hamburger rolls
- In a high-sided frying pan over medium heat, cook the hamburger, yellow onions, and jalapeño peppers until the ground beef is browned and the onions are softened/translucent.
- Add the tomato sauce, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, dark brown sugar, yellow mustard, Tabasco sauce, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine then cover.
- Simmer the mix for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Evenly divide the ground beef mix over the hamburger rolls, then top with cheese (optional). Serve immediately.