Now this is truly a spicy pumpkin bread. It’s not just deliciously spiced with the warm flavor of pumpkin pie spice – it has real pepper heat that simmers alongside. All it takes is half a teaspoon of cayenne powder to bring a little edge to the bread. Feel free to experiment with the amount of cayenne used. For those that like only a touch of spicy – a quarter teaspoon may be just enough. For those that want it fiery, ramp it up to a full teaspoon.
Spicy pumpkin bread is a perfect breakfast loaf for fiery food fans. It’ll add a little edge to that cup of coffee. Or try it as a tasty dessert bread topped with some vanilla ice cream. All the spices play so well with the creamy, rich flavor.
If you love the idea of spicy pumpkin bread, we have many other options for you in our spicy recipe list. For instance, you can also power up banana bread so easily. Cayenne pepper stars there as well. Or try a little chipotle cornbread with a smoky, earthy twist. It’s great with grilled meals or pair it with some scrambled eggs and hot sauce for a fun and fiery breakfast.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit and grease two 8.5 x 4.5 inch loaf pans.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, cayenne pepper powder, baking powder, and kosher salt. Mix thoroughly.
- In a mixer, add the unsalted butter and mix the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Add the sugar to the butter and beat the sugar/butter mix for approximately 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating each separately into the butter/sugar mix.
- Add the pumpkin puree and vanilla extract, and mix slowly until combined. Then slowly mix in the spiced flour until fully combined in the batter.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pans, then place the loaf pans in the oven. Bake the spicy pumpkin bread for 65 to 70 minutes, until cooked through.
- Remove the loaf pans and place them on a rack to cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Once cool, remove the bread from the loaf pans. Slice and serve.