A hearty BBQ side…
Big meats deserve a big side. And few are bigger than spicy potato wedges. These bold eats pack plenty of potato along with a cacophony of spicy spices. Chili powder, cayenne pepper, and paprika all play a part, along with many other spice rack staples to bring a ton of flavor to the table.
Play around with the fieriness in this recipe, too. You could opt for chipotle pepper instead of cayenne for a smokier alternative (great for smoky barbecue meals). Or pull back on the paprika and add more cayenne for an even spicier fry.
Spicy Potato Wedges
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the canola oil, chili powder, onion powder, salt, garlic powder, paprika, sugar, and cayenne pepper. Mix well to combine.
- Add the potato wedges to the bowl and mix the wedges to coat them with the seasoned oil.
- Evenly spread the potato wedges across the foil-lined baking sheet, then place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake the potato wedges for 15 minutes, then flip the potato wedges. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the wedges reach your desired crispiness.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and allow the wedges to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve.