Refreshing tropical taste with a subtle sting…
Sit back, relax, and enjoy a delicious spicy mango margarita! It’s deliciously refreshing – tropical sweet and just a little spice, brought to you by cayenne pepper powder. It’s just a pinch of cayenne, so think sizzle not fire in terms of heat. Of course, you can always adjust up if you want something extra fiery. This is one of those perfect vacation drinks – it just puts you in that relaxed island-living state of mind. So get ready to put your feet up.
You can pick up frozen mango chunks from most supermarkets, look for them in the frozen aisle alongside other frozen fruits. Or, of course, try fresh mango chunks if you have fresh mango around.
Spicy Mango Margarita
- 1 3/4 cups frozen mango chunks
- 2 ounces tequila 1/4 cup
- 5 - 7 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons fine sugar
- 1 tablespoon Cointreau
- teaspoon Pinch of cayenne pepper powder 1/8 - 1/16
- Additional sugar optional, to rim glass
- Lime wedges optional, for garnish
- Place all ingredients in a blender and pulse blend until smooth.
- Add water to the margarita as needed to thin out the frozen cocktail.
- Rim a glass with sugar (optional), then pour the spicy mango margarita into the glass.
- Serve with a lime wedge.