A quick warm-you-up side…
It only takes ten minutes max to whip up a delicious spicy green bean side that tastes like something you’d order at a gourmet restaurant. Crushed red pepper delivers the heat, and the almonds add a nice toasted nuttiness to the fresh green bean flavor. Pair this spicy side with grilled chicken or steak for a meal that you’ll not soon forget.
Spicy Green Beans With Toasted Almonds
- Prep the green beans by washing them and snapping off ends.
- Prep the almonds by toasting them in a pan for approximately two minutes over medium heat. The almonds should be lightly brown.
- In a medium-sized pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium-high heat until the butter is melted.
- Add the green beans to the butter and oil. Fry the beans for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the almonds and sprinkle in crushed red pepper. Stir to combine. while cooking for 1 additional minute.
- Salt to taste, then serve immediately.