One bold bread…
Want a little something more with your garlic bread? A simple sprinkle of crushed red pepper can make all the difference. Depending on how heavy your sprinkling hand is, it’s spicy in a family-friendly way. It’s a tasty way to heat up a pasta night without lighting up the pasta sauce. But of course, you could double-down and go fiery in all ways.
We love the addition of some mozzarella cheese atop of the red pepper flakes, but it’s totally optional if you are looking to keep calories (at least) somewhat in check.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Slice the bread into slices approximately 1/2 inch thick and place the slices on the foil-lined baking sheet.
- In a sauce pan over medium-low heat, add the butter and garlic powder. Stir until the butter is fully melted and the garlic powder is evenly combined.
- Brush the melted garlic butter evenly over the bread slices (leave some for next step), then place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake the garlic bread for 10 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Re-coat with leftover garlic butter. then sprinkle the garlic bread with crushed red pepper and top with mozzarella (optional).
- Place the garlic bread back in the oven for an additional 3 to 5 minutes. Remove when the bread is lightly browned and/or the mozzarella is evenly melted.