The mix of flavorful chili powder with spicy cayenne as rub helps this spicy fish tacos recipe stand out from the crowd. Inject even more heat by topping the tacos with a spicy Sriracha-based sauce (see the sauce recipe here). It’s a deliciously spicy light meal that takes half an hour or less to pull together!
- 2 tilapia fish fillets
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 avocado chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels cooked
- 1 cup black beans drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder
- Soft taco tortillas
- Lemon juice cilantro, salt, and pepper to taste
- Spicy fish taco sauce
- Combine the chili powder, cayenne, and cumin then coat the tilapia (both sides) in the rub.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over medium heat, then cook the tilapia for 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat and chop or shred the fish fillets.
- Add the scallions and garlic to the pan and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Add corn to the pan and stir, cooking the corn until it's slightly blackened.
- Add the beans and cook 1 to 2 minutes (until the beans are warmed), then remove the pan from the heat.
- Spoon the corn and bean mix into a soft taco tortilla, then top with tilapia. Add spicy fish taco sauce, lemon juice, cilantro, salt, and/or pepper to taste.