Fresh carrot flavor with cayenne and ginger kick…
This spicy carrot soup is surprisingly simple to pull together for all the flavor it delivers. It has that fresh garden taste mixed with a touch of exotic ginger, a punch of cayenne heat, and a twist of orange juice tang. We prefer powdered ginger to fresh here as ginger in its powdered form is much more pungent. If fresh cayenne pepper is not available, swap in crushed red pepper as the primary heat source.
Spicy Carrot Soup
- 8 - 10 large carrots or 13 - 15 medium carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 large onion peeled and chopped
- 1 cayenne pepper seeds removed, chopped
- 1 clove garlic peel and chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, heat the oil over medium, then add the onions. Cook for 4 minute or until translucent.
- Add the cayenne pepper, garlic, and carrots. Continue cooking for 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the vegetable stock, powdered ginger, and orange juice and bring the mix to a boil. Then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Pour the soup into a blender and process until smooth. Then pour it back into the saucepan and heat.
- Ladle into bowls and serve.