You can’t eat just one. Caramelized candy pecans with cayenne? Count us in as super-fans of this easy-to-make spicy snack. Know you’ll likely be making more than one batch in a cooking session as they will go fast.
The cayenne pepper powder (and the small amount used) adds a suitable snacking kick: Not too hot and a perfect neutral flavor that lets the caramelized yumminess of these pecans shine. But if you want more spice, simply double the amount used to a teaspoon of cayenne. It’s sweet, spicy, and nutty all in one.
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Spicy Mixed Nuts: Go beyond the pecan with this fiery recipe.
- Fried Jalapeño Slices: A classic appetizer, perfect for dipping.
- Cowboy Candy: Otherwise known as candied jalapeños. These little gems are totally crave-worthy.
Spicy Candied Pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the sugar, salt, and cayenne in a medium mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add the pecans and 2 tablespoons water, then stir until the mix covers the pecans as a glaze.
- Place the pecans on a parchment-lined baking sheet evenly spread apart, then bake the nuts for 10 minutes (or until the pecans are caramelized).
- Lift the parchment paper off the hot baking sheet, and place it to the side to let the pecans cool (approximately 5 minutes).
- Remove the pecans from the parchment sheet and place in a sealable container (or better yet – eat fresh!).