Leafy crunch with a kick of CRP…
Roasted Brussels sprouts – one of our favorite sides- is made even better (in our book) with the addition of a little heat. That crunch and texture are brought to even more life with a little sprinkle of crushed red pepper. It’s not an overwhelming spiciness here (but you can always add more red pepper flakes), so most everyone in the family can enjoy this recipe. Try it with roasted pork or steaks – they really add a flair to a simple meat meal.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts bottom end sliced off and halved
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 4 shallots sliced thin
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Placed the halved Brussels sprouts into a large mixing bowl and add in the garlic, shallots, olive oil, crushed red pepper, salt, and pepper. Mix or toss the Brussels sprouts until they are lightly coated and the spices are evenly dispersed.
- Transfer the Brussels sprouts onto a foil-lined baking sheet. Evenly spread them out on the sheet.
- Bake the Brussels sprouts - flipping them once or twice during baking - for 30 minutes, or until they are lightly browned.
- Add additional salt and pepper to taste, then serve.