Smoky with a bourbon twist…
You can bet this spicy bourbon bbq sauce will be a grilling hit. And not only for the bourbon undertones (which you’ll love). There’s a smoky spice here that’s just to die for with ribs and steaks. Best of all, it takes no time to make: 10 minutes of prep and 20 minutes on the stove and you’re done. It’s perfect for whipping up on the fly to impress with a homemade bbq sauce, not something out of a bottle.
Sriracha sauce provides some of the heat (and adds to the hint of garlic), but the real spicy star here is chipotle powder. It’s smoky and potent, coming from 100% dried and smoked red jalapeño, not cut with other spices like generic chili powder typically is. So the spice is strong with the chipotle addition.
- In a sauce pan over medium heat, combine all ingredients.
- Heat the sauce, stirring occasionally, until the sauce reaches a boil, then turn the heat to low.
- Simmer the sauce for 15 minutes, or until the sauce thickens to desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and allow thew sauce to cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use immediately*, or pour the sauce into an airtight jar or container for future barbecue needs!