A creamy crowd favorite…
Party time and a good dip go hand in hand. And, if you’re like us, a spicy dip is always the best, especially when paired with cheese. This spicy beer cheese dip checks those boxes and more, with that malty beer twist added to the mix.
Jalapeño peppers take center stage as the heat source. Add more (or less) to your liking. If you prefer something even spicier, consider adding a pinch of cayenne pepper instead of black pepper. Don’t overdo it – this is a dip for the masses. You want it to remain family-friendly, and the cayenne will permeate the flavor of the entire dip adding a lot of intensity.
- In a bowl, combine the shredded cheddar cheese and flour. Stir to coat.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add the beer and bring to a quick boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low, then add the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, jalapeño pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper to the mix. Stir well to combine and until the cheese is melted and incorporated into the sauce.
- Continue to simmer over medium-low until the cheese dip reaches your preferred thickness, then remove from the heat (note it will firm up as it cools, so consider this while measuring thickness of the dip while over heat).
- Serve immediately while warm.