Baked with bite…
Creating healthy spicy snacks in minutes is one of our favorite things. For instance, spicy banana chips takes twenty minutes, and the end result is fiery and banana-sweet bliss. It’s the perfect way to amp up a go-to healthy snack.
The heat comes from multiple channels: paprika and small dashes of chili powder and cayenne. Plus, there’s a little cumin to provide an earthy undertone that matches so well with the subtle sweetness of banana. If you’re concerned about too much spiciness, drop the cayenne from the recipe completely. You’ll still get a minor sizzle from the paprika and chili powder, though when is a minor sizzle enough for fans of the pepper scale?
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, paprika, cumin, salt, chili powder, and cayenne pepper powder.
- Slice the bananas into thin circles, then coat then transfer them to the mixing bowl. Coat the banana slices thoroughly with the spices.
- Transfer the coated banana slices to a foil-lined baking sheet and spread them evenly.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven. Bake the banana slices for 8 minutes, then flip the slices and bake for another 5 minutes or until golden brown. Check often on the chips to make sure they don't burn.
- Remove the chips from the oven, allow them to cool for 5 minutes, then serve.