Smoky and smooth…
This is one of our favorite dishes to pair with taco night. This spicy avocado soup recipe is both smoky and smooth. The flavor pairs perfectly with spicy Mexican food of all types, acting as a quenching treat in-between spicy bites.
Though, there’s a bit of a kick here too. Smoked paprika provides some warmth (along with its smokiness), and the touch of cayenne pepper powder adds a bit more simmer (but you can certainly pull it from the recipe to temper the spiciness). We love the soup with a few dashes of Tabasco sauce, but feel free to play with extra avocado and sprinkles of any of the spices in the soup to give it some color along with a texture/flavor boost.
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 white onion chopped
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Extra avocado chopped, as topping (optional)
- Tabasco sauce as topping (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (except Tabasco) in a bowl (or blender). Process (or blend) until smooth.
- Pour the soup into bowls, then top with your preferred toppings: a dash Tabasco sauce; extra avocado; and/or a sprinkle of cumin, smoked paprika, or cayenne pepper powder.