A perfect sauce side for Mexican meals…
For some use cases traditional guacamole is just too thick. That’s when something smooth fits right in. Spicy avocado sauce has an earthy tang (love those tomatillos) and solid bite making it a perfect sauce for use as a taco topping or as dipping sauce for Mexican meals.
Spicy Avocado Sauce
- 3 avocados pitted, skin removed, roughly chopped
- 3 tomatillos peeled, roughly chopped
- 1 -2 jalapeño peppers seeds and stem removed, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lime juice approximately the juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients into a blender and pulse blend until you reach your desired sauce consistency.
- Serve immediately, or for best flavor cover the sauce and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving to allow the flavors to meld.
Two jalapeños provides a good amount of heat to the sauce. If you're concerned on the heat level, opt for only one the first time you make the recipe. If you want it even hotter, consider using serrano peppers instead. They typically have twice the heat of a jalapeño.
If the sauce is too thick, add additional water during the blending process.