Guacamole goes chunky…
That’s avocado salsa simply put. It is a guacamole, but with chunks of avocado (among other chopped salsa ingredients) instead of the creamy smooth experience you’ll often get from many store-bought options or recipes. It’s chunky like a salsa, making it a fun guacamole alternative for a game-day or party appetizer.
Spicy Avocado Salsa
- 2 avocados
- 1 tomato medium-sized, chopped
- 1 serrano pepper minced
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice approximately 1 lime's worth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Halve the avocados and remove the pits. Peel the avocados, then chop them into large chunks.
- Transfer the avocados to a glass bowl, then pour the lime juice over top. Lightly stir to coat while mashing some of the pieces smooth (leaving most still chunky).
- Add the diced tomatoes, chopped red onion, serrano pepper, cilantro, and olive oil. Lightly stir to combine.
- Serve immediately, or cover (airtight) and chill the avocado salsa until ready to serve.