Forget spiced…go spicy!
Sure you know the traditional spiced apple cider; it’s one of the most popular fall and winter drinks around. So are you ready to take it to another level of fiery flavor?
Spicy apple cider brings all of the complex tastes of the traditional cider and layers in a level of chili pepper heat (via cayenne pepper) that’ll surprise and delight! It’s a terrific treat for spicy food fans, and it’s also a great way to tone down an overly-sweet pot of apple cider too.
Spicy Apple Cider
- 2 pints apple cider (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Cinnamon sticks for serving
- Mix all ingredients together in a pot, and bring the mixture to a boil on a stove.
- Simmer the cider for 10 minutes.
- Strain the cider to remove whole cloves before serving.
- Serve with a cinnamon stick.