From spiced to spicy…
Spiced apple chutney is simply delicious, but how about spiced spicy apple chutney? Now that’s a taste bud explosion of the best kind. In this recipe, traditional chutney savory spices are paired against jalapeño pepper and a healthy dose of cayenne pepper powder. It’s the epitome of sweet heat that you won’t soon forget. Serve it as a side to chicken or pork or try it on its own as a savory snack.
- 1 pound apples peeled and chopped
- 2 jalapeño peppers diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger shredded
- 1 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over high heat and bring the mix to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the chutney simmer for approximately 45 minutes until thickened.
- Remove from heat, allow the chutney to cool, then serve.