A perfect healthy on-the-go spicy snack…
Fruity sweet, crisp, and spicy – spicy apple chips are a real healthy treat, especially if you’re the “on the go” type.Put a handful into a ziploc bag and go! They are perfect for lunches and afternoon snacks.
The recipe mixes cinnamon and cayenne pepper powder. It’s a perfect pairing in our book – earthy sweet and spicy, without being over-spiced to the point where the heat is secondary. Of course, feel free to experiment with additional spices, too. A touch of nutmeg or allspice can be a great adaptation to the base recipe.
Spicy Apple Chips
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the cinnamon and cayenne pepper powder. Stir to fully mix.
- Evenly space the apple slices across two parchment paper lined baking sheets.
- Dust the apple slices with the cinnamon/cayenne mix. Leave some for sprinkling when you flip the apple slices.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven and bake the apple slices for 1 hour.
- Flip the apple slices and sprinkle them with the remaining cinnamon/cayenne spice mix.
- Place the baking sheets back in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove from the oven and flip the apple chips one last time. Place the baking sheets back in the oven and bake for 1 hour.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and allow the spicy apple chips to cool. Serve or store in an airtight container for future use.