Squash with sizzle…
Let’s deliver a little spark to a fall classic side. Spicy acorn squash mixes earthy, sweet, and spicy, and it’s a delicious result. Cinnamon and brown sugar provide the sweet, while chili powder and cayenne pepper light the fire. The cayenne is, of course, optional. If you are looking for a little warmth only, opt for chili powder and maybe a pinch of cayenne. But, if you’re like us – the cayenne is what makes this so fiery good. Adjust according to your heat tolerance.
Spicy Acorn Squash
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Halve the acorn squash and remove all seeds. Keep them halved, or quarter or slice them, depending on your preference.
- Mix the spices (cayenne optional) in a bowl until fully combined.
- Place the acorn squash on a foil-lined baking sheet, then sprinkle the spice mix over all of the squash pieces.
- Place the squash in the oven and bake for 35 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and serve immediately.