A twist on the traditional, our spiced pancakes with berries recipe is sure to be a hit with the whole family. There’s just enough “spicy” here for adults to love, yet not so much that will turn off the kids. And the sweet berries and a dollop of yogurt ensure a fun dish to eat. That’s said, if you’d like to turn up the heat some more, adding an extra teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder will do the trick.
Adjust the milk as needed to create a thick, but smooth batter. The required amount may vary depending on the size of your eggs, so keep that in mind. And remember: The key to a light and fluffy pancake is to keep mixing to a minimum. So once everything is combined, put the spoon down.
Frozen berries are the best option as they warm well and are not too soft. If you want to use fresh berries skip the cooking process and just toss them on top with some greek yogurt. Either way, the results will be delicious!
Spiced Pancakes with Berries
- Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, paprika, and baking powder in a large bowl.
- Add the melted butter and eggs to the center of the mixture and slowly begin to stir.
- Add the required amount of milk while stirring until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and melt a little butter in the base.
- Drop a ladle full of batter into the pan and leave until the surface begins to bubble.
- Flip over with a spatula and cook for 1 minute on the other side and place on a side plate until ready to serve.
- Place the berries in the same pan after the pancakes have all been cooked.
- Cook for a few minutes until boiling and add the sugar and stir.
- Simmer for 2 minutes then drizzle over the pancakes with some Greek yogurt.