These spiced berry and coconut popsicles are perfect for any hot summer day, providing just a little spiciness with a ton of sweet, fruity flavor. The battle between hot and cold seriously wakens the tastebuds. They are totally refreshing and fun to eat.
Best of all with this family-pleasing treat, it’s a simple recipe and it takes little time at all to make with minimum freezing time. So if the ingredients are around, you can be enjoying these popsicles the same day they come to mind.
Cayenne pepper is the heat source here, and we only use a small amount. You can increase that for a little more spiciness. Of course, you can really ramp up the heat and add some crushed fresh chili pepper to the berry mixture. A fresh habanero would certainly do the job for those that like things extra-hot. It has a nice sweetness that complements the berries.
These spiced berry and coconut popsicles can also be enjoyed without the addition of sugar (just omit it from the ingredients.) Or, if you are looking for a more decadent option, try coating them with melted chocolate after freezing.
Spiced Berry And Coconut Popsicles
- Small disposable coffee cups
- Popsicle sticks
- Place a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the water and sugar to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add the frozen berries and simmer for 1 minute, stirring often to coat.
- Add the cayenne pepper and cinnamon and stir to combine. Cook for another 2 minutes then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add 2 heaped tablespoons of the berry mixture to the bottom of the cups.
- Pour the coconut cream over the berries, up to the top of each cup.
- Carefully stick the popsicle sticks into the center of each cup.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours and enjoy!