Like all things smoked?
Then you’ll love waking up on a weekend morning to a smoky Bloody Mary. It’s the brunch equivalent of taking in the smoky aromas of outdoor grilling days. Yeah, it’ll make you feel good.
Both chipotle peppers in adobo sauce and barbecue sauce provide the smoky flavor. Choose a barbecue sauce with decent smoky undertones to it to really get the impact. Those chipotle peppers provide the heat – and they have a nice smokiness to them, too. You could double up on the chipotle (less the adobo sauce) to add a little more smoke (and definitely some extra fire too).
Like our smoky Bloody Mary and craving more like it? Take a look at some our other delicious tomato-based cocktails featuring all sorts of fiery hot peppers. Try our extra spicy version with Tabasco, cayenne pepper, and jalapeño rings. Our Old Bay Bloody Mary is perfect for those that love the official spice of the Chesapeake. Like a Southern flair? Our Cajun Bloody Mary features Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper. Or try a spicy Caesar cocktail, the Canadian alternative to this popular cocktail.
Smoky Bloody Mary
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 teaspoon grated horseradish
- 1 teaspoon barbecue sauce smokier the better
- 1/2 teaspoon chipotles in adobo sauce minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seeds optional
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 3 dashes Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Celery stalks for garnish
- 1 Olives for garnish
- Lime wedge for garnish
- Celery salt for glass rim, optional
- In a shaker, add all ingredients (except garnishes) over ice. Top the shaker and shake well.
- Strain the Bloody Mary into a celery salt rimmed glass filled with ice. Garnish with celery stalks, olives, and/or lime. Enjoy!