Crispy and smoky…
When you have a hankering for smoky or spicy chips, skip that snack aisle and head over to those fresh vegetables. Making smoked paprika potato chips takes well less than an hour, and will bring a heck of a lot more earthy flavor to your snacking experience. In terms of heat: There’s sizzle here with the smoked paprika, but not an overbearing spiciness. This is a very family-friendly spicy snack. If you want a little more punch, add a pinch of cayenne pepper powder or hot paprika to the oil mix prior to coating the chips.
Let’s get smoky – see this recipe being made…
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two baking sheets with foil and lightly spray each with canola oil or cooking spray.
- Thinly slice the russet potatoes (skin on) into chip-like pieces. Rinse the raw chips, then allow them to dry on paper towels. Pat the chips with another paper towel to speed up the drying.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the smoked paprika, olive oil, and salt. Stir until fully combined.
- Add the raw potato chips to the large mixing bowl and fully coat the chips with the smoked paprika/oil mix.
- Evenly space the raw chips on the baking sheets, providing room on all sides to allow each chip to brown evenly.
- Place the baking sheets in the oven, and bake the chips for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve.