This spicy pork schnitzel is an incredibly easy recipe, with only five ingredients. There’s very little prep time, and it’s ready, pan to plate, within ten minutes. Serving these up with salad or fries makes for an excellent meal. Or try them as a sandwich for a tasty lunch.
We love Franks Buffalo Hot Sauce for the buffalo sauce of choice, but you can choose your own favorite buffalo sauce. Don’t worry about the lack of other seasonings in these spicy pork schnitzels. Most buffalo sauces have a generous amount of salt and sugar included, so you likely don’t need to add any more.
On the tenderizing: Depending on where you live, you may be able to buy already tenderized pork chops. If not, simply cover the meat with some cling film. Then hit it with a tenderizer mallet or rolling pin until the pork chops are around half the thickness. The meat will then cook perfectly with its coating.
Watch this spicy pork schnitzel recipe being made
Like this recipe? You’ll love these too:
- Sticky Korean Pork Chops: Another delicious option for sandwiches.
- Pork Cutlet Curry: Crispy cutlets meat boldly spiced curry. So yum.
- Spicy Pulled Pork Tacos With Sweet Salsa: Make your taco night extra-special.
Simple Spicy Pork Schnitzel
- 2 pork chops
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup buffalo sauce Franks RedHot Buffalo Wings Hot Sauce works well.
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Combine the buffalo sauce and egg in a large bowl. Beat them together.
- Place the breadcrumbs on a plate.
- Add olive oil to a frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Tenderize the pork and coat each chop with the buffalo sauce and egg mixture.
- Lift the pork chops from the sauce mixture, then lay each side in the breadcrumbs and add to the hot oil.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the breadcrumbs have turned golden brown.
- Remove from the frying pan and let the schnitzel cool for 2 to 3 minutes before serving.