A scorching salsa with lots of Scotch bonnet flavor.
As salsa peppers go, there are few more perfect than Scotch bonnet peppers. Their natural sweetness pairs very well with tangy lime and rich tomatoes.
And while many Scotch bonnet salsas often pair the chili with tropical fruits, this recipe keeps it simple. You get the true Scotch bonnet taste, not masked by mangoes or papayas – though salsas like those are delicious too!
Scotch Bonnet Salsa
- 1/2 Scotch bonnet pepper seeds removed
- 6 plum tomatoes seeds removed and chopped
- 2 scallions coarsely chopped
- 1 lime peeled
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- Using a food processor, finely chop the Scotch bonnet, scallions, garlic, and whole lime.
- When complete, add the chopped tomatoes, lime juice, vegetable oil, and coriander, and pulse until you reach your desired salsa consistency.