Make a salsa meatloaf that matches your heat tolerance…
We love this simple salsa meatloaf recipe because you can adjust it to how much spice you really want! Throwing a party with a ton of spicy food lovers? Use a habanero pepper salsa as the base. Having a family dinner where a little spice is ok, but not too much? Opt for a mild salsa that everyone can enjoy. Want it a little sweet? Opt for a fruit-based salsa. It’s that simple. You can even match the guacamole heat to match!
Best of all, like many meatloaves, this is a “mix it up and bake it” type recipe. You don’t need to be an aspiring chef to pull this meal together. You need just a few basic ingredients, an oven, and an hour. There’s a serious amount of flavor in this salsa meatloaf for how little prep and time you need. For those lacking kitchen skills, it’s a great way to impress family and friends.
If salsa meatloaf is right up your alley, give our Cajun meatloaf a try as well. It features a trio of Southern flavor: Cajun seasoning, Tabasco sauce, and cayenne pepper. It’s a bold meatloaf with something to say – perfect for fans of Louisiana cuisine and bold spices.
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Move the mix into a meatloaf pan and spread evenly throughout the pan.
- Place the pan into the oven and bake the meatloaf approximately one hour (until the top has turned brown).
- Pull from oven and let the meatloaf rest for 5 minutes prior to cutting.
- Serve with guacamole on the side.