A flavorful meal with a dash of heat.
What’s better than an easy-to-make meal that looks restaurant quality on the plate? This salmon with miso sauce recipe delivers on both counts. This is one of those meals that quickly becomes a staple in the family dinner rotation.
The spiciness comes solely from crushed red pepper, and it’s a nice balance to the sweet-tart miso sauce. It’s obviously an easy adjustment to increase or decrease the heat.
Salmon With Miso Sauce, Potatoes, And Broccoli
- 2 to 4 salmon filets 5-ounce filets
- 1 1/2 pounds baby potatoes mixed-color looks great, chopped
- 1 broccoli bunch chopped
- 3 tablespoons white miso
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl,combine the potatoes, broccoli, salt, pepper, and oil. Mix them together with the oil until the vegetables are covered. Spread the vegetables onto a tin foil covered baking pan.
- Place vegetables in the oven and cook for 25 to 30 minutes.
The Miso Sauce
- In a bowl, whisk the miso, rice vinegar and a teaspoon of oil. Set to the side.
- Season each salmon filet with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook in an oiled pan over medium-high heat. Cook 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Top the salmon with the miso sauce and sprinkle with crushed red pepper. Serve with the roasted vegetables.