Whether over barbecue, grilled chicken, or savory desserts, this easy raspberry habanero sauce recipe delivers a spicy tang that’ll wake up everyone’s tastebuds. Our favorites: try it over vanilla ice cream or (as pictured below) atop cheese and crackers. It’s basic, but both are oh so tasty.
This recipe is super simple to pull together, needing only three ingredients: a habanero, raspberry jam, and apple cider vinegar. Don’t be too concerned with the spiciness here. The habanero pepper is sautéed in the jam and cider vinegar mix, not processed into the sauce. So it’s spicy but not so intense as to be solely for extreme eaters.
Like this sauce? You’ll love these recipes too:
- Cherry Habanero BBQ Sauce: Habs and cherries are a tasty pairing. There’s also chipotle here for some smokiness.
- Maple Sriracha Sauce: This is one of our favorite chicken finger dipping sauces. It’ll be one of yours too.
- Homemade Hoisin Sauce: A soy sauce based sauce, that’s a must for Chinese food, but don’t overlook it as a barbecue sauce.
Easy Raspberry Habanero Sauce
- 1 habanero pepper split in half and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam seedless preferred
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar or 1/2 cup for a thinner sauce
- Over medium heat, add all ingredients; stir often while simmering to get the jam and vinegar to fully combine.
- Continue stirring while the sauce thickens. Remove from heat when the sauce is to your preferred thickness.
- Remove habanero halves and serve the sauce.