A colorful salsa with an extra spicy kick.
Bell peppers are the multi-hued star of this simple salsa. But it’s the kick provided by jalapeño or serrano peppers that’ll have you coming back for more. It’s very easy to make, too, so if you’re tight on time before the party or big game, whipping up a spicy rainbow salsa can save the day with some colorful culinary style.
- 4 bell peppers green, red, yellow, orange, chopped
- 3 jalapeño peppers diced (or serrano peppers for more heat)
- 2 tomatoes seeds removed and diced
- 1 red onion chopped
- 1 can black beans 15 ounces
- 2/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large serving bowl, combine the bell peppers, jalapeño or serrano peppers, black beans, tomato, onion, and cilantro.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the lime juice, cider vinegar, olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Stir thoroughly.
- Pour the lime dressing over the pepper mix and stir until the pepper mix is thoroughly covered.
- Serve immediately, or for the best taste refrigerate for at least one hour prior to serving.