Sweet and fruity…with a hammer drop.
Any recipe that uses a dozen habanero peppers is meant for a true spicy food lover. If you’re one, you’ll love the extreme fruity heat of this peach habanero BBQ sauce. It’s terrific on grilled chicken and oh-so-tasty as a dipping sauce. If twelve habaneros add too much heat, halve the amount and remove all seeds and membranes from the chilies. The membrane and seeds contain much of the spiciness, though even with those removed, the habanero is still plenty hot so take care!
- 12 habanero peppers remove seeds, or keep them in for an even more extreme heat, chopped
- 1 can sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- 7 garlic cloves
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Add all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- You can use immediately, but for the best taste, let the sauce sit for an hour for the flavors to meld.