Tangy and tasty.
Whether you want a tangy sauce to marinade shrimp and chicken or a tart topper for a decadent dessert, an orange habanero sauce is spicy magic. First, you’re hit with that tangy orange bite, but that’s soon followed with the scorching kick of a chili that’s at least twelve times hotter than a jalapeño.
This isn’t a sauce for the timid, but for those that love tangy heat, this is a simple and tasty sauce to whip up!
Orange Habanero Sauce
- 6 cups orange juice
- 1 habanero pepper halved and seeds removed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- In a saucepan over high heat, cook the orange juice and the habanero halves. Reduce the juice, stirring often, until about a cup remains. Remove from heat.
- Remove the habanero halves from the sauce.
- Add the honey to the sauce and stir until combined.
- Season to taste with salt.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!