Bring on the Bay love…
Old Bay seasoning’s earthy and spicy flair delivers a delicious punch to your traditional shrimp salad. It’s a go-to if you love that earthy Chesapeake flavor and want a change from the traditional.
We love this salad’s versatility as a meal. Serve it as a light lunch over a bed of lettuce, as a sandwich or wrap, or simply with some crackers as a tasty appetizer. Old Bay packs paprika-level heat, but if you want a little more, add in a pinch of cayenne pepper powder.
- 2 pounds medium shrimp unpeeled
- 1/2 cup celery minced
- 1/3 cup onion minced
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning + 1 teaspoon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Fill a large pot with water and add in 1/4 cup Old Bay seasoning. Bring the water to a boil.
- Add the shrimp to the boiling water and cook until the shrimp turn pink (approximately 2 minutes).
- Remove shrimp from the water and allow them to cool for 2 to 3 minutes. Peel and devein the shrimp, then chop the shrimp into small pieces.
- Place the chopped shrimp in a mixing bowl and add in the celery, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and the remaining teaspoon of Old Bay seasoning. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the bowl and chill for 1 to 2 hours prior to serving.
- Serve as a wrap, as a sandwich, atop lettuce, or with crackers.