The perfect morning pick-me-up…
The Old Bay Bloody Mary is a sure-fire way to perk up your spirits. Not only do you get the medium-heat Tabasco hot sauce kick, you also get a nice lingering spiciness from the paprika in the Old Bay. The seasoning’s other spice ingredients, too, mix very nicely with tomato juice, creating – to us – a more robust flavor than a traditional Bloody Mary. Don’t forget to rim your glass with Old Bay, too, to get the full effect!
Old Bay Bloody Mary
- 2 ounces vodka
- 8 ounces tomato juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive juice
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- Dash ground pepper
- Celery, olives, lemon and lime slices, and Old Bay seasoning for the rim optional garnishes
- In a shaker, combine all the ingredients over ice. Instead of shaking, pour the Bloody Mary from the shaker into a glass or equally sized shaker. Then re-pour from glass into the original shaker. Do this 3 or 4 times. This is a mixing technique called "rolling" which mixes the ingredients well while not diluting the mix through ice crushed by vigorous shaking.
- (Optional) Rim a tall glass with Old Bay using lemon or lime juice.
- Pour the Bloody Mary into the rimmed glass and garnish as desired.
Did you make this?Mention @PepperScale or tag #PepperScale so we can see what you made!