A spicy take on the chicken salad staple.
Jalapeño peppers add a little oomph to what’s already a delicious meal. We especially like the pairing of the chilies against fresh red apple – it adds a light sweetness that’s very refreshing and a splash of color that looks terrific on the plate. Try it on a bed of lettuce, or opt for that tasty chicken salad sandwich.
Mexican Chicken Salad
- 1 pound chicken breast cooked and shredded
- 3 medium potatoes cooked and diced
- 2 carrots cooked and diced
- 1 jalapeño peppers diced
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 can corn
- 1 red apple peeled and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup pine nuts optional
- Salt and pepper
- Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl until fully combined.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on lettuce or as a sandwich.