Big heat and big taste!
Ready for the next step in spicy hot wings? Mango habanero wings will entice you with their tropical sweetness, then kick you to the curb with intense habanero heat. If you’re planning a party with spicy food fans, you can glaze the wings with the sauce before serving. Otherwise, serve with the sauce to the side, and give fair warning to your guests on what to expect!
Habanero peppers are very hot (100,000 to 350,000 Scoville heat units), so we recommend taking precautions while preparing our mango habanero wings recipe. Wear gloves when working with habaneros to keep very intense chili burn in place. It’s best, too, to study up on how to treat chili burn just in case.
Looking for more spicy wing recipes? We have many options in our recipe index that’ll keep you “winging” for awhile. One of our favorites is this honey Old Bay wings recipe. It’s not too spicy, but that Chesapeake spice is so delicious with the touch of sweet. For something smoky and sweet, give our honey chipotle wings a shot. Or if you want something a bit more exotic, our gochujang wings should be next on your list.
Mango Habanero Wings
- 1 pound chicken wings
- Canola oil
- 2 lemons
- salt and pepper to taste
Mango Habanero Sauce
- Heat the peanut oil over medium-high heat and then add the habanero peppers, mangoes, garlic, and onion. Cook until the onion is transparent.
- Lower heat to medium and add the vinegar, ginger, brown sugar,and salt. Stir to combine.
- Reduce the heat to low and simmer the sauce for 30 minutes, then remove from heat.
- Pour sauce into a blender and pulse blend until you reach the consistency you prefer.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry.
- Glaze the chicken with the lemon juice, then sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cover the chicken wings for 30 minutes to let the seasonings set.
- In a large skillet (or a deep fryer), add enough canola oil to deep fry.
- Deep fry the chicken for 8 to 10 minutes, or until you see the skin turn a crispy golden-brown.
- Transfer the chicken to a paper towel covered plate to allow excess oil to drain.
- Option 1: Transfer the chicken wings to a large glass bowl and pour the mango habanero chicken wing sauce over them. Stir to allow the sauce to cover all of the wings.
- Option 2: Serve the chicken wings with the mango habanero sauce on the side for dipping.