Tropical sweet, smoke, and heat…
Mango chipotle BBQ sauce brings a Hawaiian tropical flair to your spicy BBQ, but with that smoky twist that chipotle peppers do so well. It’s a mix of sweet, smoke, and heat that really brings it to your taste buds – tangy and fruity, fiery and earthy.
This BBQ sauce works equally well with chicken, pork, or steak. And, like nearly all barbecue sauces, it makes an excellent dipper for chicken wings and chicken tenders. If you want a step up in heat (a pretty big step), take a look at our mango habanero BBQ sauce, too.
Mango Chipotle BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 mango roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons chipotle peppers minced (from chipotle peppers in adobo sauce)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- Place the mango and orange juice into a blender and blend the mango into a smooth puree.
- Transfer the mango to a saucepan over medium heat. Add the ketchup, vinegar, light brown sugar, garlic, chipotle peppers, molasses, and adobo sauce to the pan. Stir to fully combine.
- Cook the sauce over medium heat for 5 minutes, or until it has thicken to your desired consistency.
- Take the sauce off the heat, and allow it to cool to room temperature. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.