An easy way to spice up your sipping…
Looking for a moderate kick for your cocktail? Using a jalapeño simple syrup instead of a basic syrup may be all that you need. Jalapeños provide a medium heat, so it’ll spice things up just enough to be interesting, but not so much as to turn off you or your guests. Take a look at our recipe video below showing how easy it is to make this amazing cocktail add.
Looking for something even hotter? Why not dare your tastebuds with a habanero simple syrup instead?
- 2 - 3 jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Remove the stems from the jalapeños, and halve them lengthwise. For a spicier syrup, keep the seeds and membrane intact; otherwise, remove the seeds and membrane.
- In a pan, heat the water on high to a near boil and then add the sugar and stir continuously until the mix turns clear.
- Add the jalapeño pepper halves,and bring the liquid to a quick boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes. The sugar-water will begin to thicken and you may see it take on color from the chilies.
- Remove the syrup from the heat. Let it cool for approximately 30 to 45 minutes or until it cools to room temperature.
- Remove the jalapeño halves (and seeds if added).
- Pour the syrup into an airtight container and let it chill for an hour in the refrigerator prior to use.